Extended Error 183
Mel Smith
2004-08-28 15:31:19 UTC
Dear Friends,

Enviro: Win XP Home & Win XP Professional, a DOS application running in a CMD
full-screen window.

At times I get the above error which 'kicks' the screen up a line but allows
the app to carry on without failure (my users alerted me to this yesterday and
said it had been happening for a couple of years but didn't tell me about it !)

Any ideas where this could be coming from or how I can track it down ???

TIA,

-Mel Smith
John Seberg
2004-08-28 15:56:04 UTC
Post by Mel Smith
Dear Friends,
Enviro: Win XP Home & Win XP Professional, a DOS application running in a CMD
full-screen window.
At times I get the above error which 'kicks' the screen up a line but allows
the app to carry on without failure (my users alerted me to this yesterday and
said it had been happening for a couple of years but didn't tell me about it !)
Any ideas where this could be coming from or how I can track it down ???
Well, it *reminds* me of a message I get running rmake when the script
tries to make a directory that already exists...

I'm not in a position to reproduce that error, at the moment, but, I'm
sure it is quite similar to what you're getting.
Mel Smith
2004-08-28 20:32:37 UTC
Mel Smith
2004-08-30 15:07:57 UTC
Mel Smith
2004-08-30 15:16:22 UTC
Post by John Seberg
Well, it *reminds* me of a message I get running rmake when the script
tries to make a directory that already exists...
John,

Your absolutely right !

I *usually* do the following if I have to ensure a directory exists:

swpruncmd("MD &cMyDir",0,"",0)

using Blinker's swap function to create the directory -- whether the
directory exists or not. This is careless and lazy of me, but it always worked
with no problem *until* Win XP came along. Then the error occurred and 'kicked
up' my user's screen.

So, I fished around in my utilies until I came across the function
FT_MkDir(cMyDir) and another utility called isdir(cMyDir). A combination of
these along with my own MD(cMyDir) gives me what I want.

Thanks for the help !

-Mel Smith